The DSN Series is Meltric’s newest addition to their proven family of switch-rated plugs and receptacles. These high-performance plugs and receptacles are suitable for branch or motor disconnect switching on applications rated for up to 150 A, 75 horsepower and 600 V.
The DSN series features exlusive safety and performance capabilities that simplify compliance to electrical codes and protect users from arc flash hazards. These features include:
- A protective safety shutter to prevent personnel exposure to live parts and arc flashes
- A lockout hole on the plug for easy lockout/tagout
- Spring-load silver-nickel contacts that maintain optimum contact pressure while resisting corrosion and cold welding
- An easy-closing mechanism that facilitates connection of the plug to the receptacle
- An automatic Type 4X watertight design is achieved as soon as the plug is connected to the receptacle
Additional options include support for up to 6 UL and CSA-certified auxiliary contacts, and reinforced poly or metal alloy casings.
DSN series plugs and receptacles are ideal for safely connecting and disconnecting large motors and other high-amperage applications like shore power, generator connections and power distribution.
For more information about Meltric’s DSN Series Plugs and Receptacles, contact our experts today!